It’s that time of the year when school starts back and your child wants to be involved in Saturday or Sunday sports. Here is the low down on Lane Cove Sporting Clubs Registration process.
There are a number of important dates for the diary:
- Registration days in Lane Cove Plaza – Saturday 6th and 13th February, 9am-2pm
- Try Rugby clinics for new participants – Sunday 7th and 14th February – Blackman Oval, 1pm-3pm
- Trials – Sunday 6th, 13th, and 20th March
- Jersey Day – 20th March, 3pm-5pm at The Diddy
- Round 1 – weekend of 2nd and 3rd April
Registrations for 2016 are now open. The club hopes to discover a young Wallaby for a future Rugby World Cup final! To learn more about Registration please click here.
In 2016 the Club hopes to build on the success and achievements of 2015. The club enjoyed record levels of membership and participation with more than 440 registrations last year. Their players had tremendous success last season with six teams advancing to grand finals and eight teams in championships. The under 14s tour to New Zealand and under 8s and under 10s tour to Walcha were among the highlights of the year as well as their new coaching program. Club activities such as the annual dinner, long lunch, march past and trophy day were all well attended by players, families and club supporters last year. We are working on a busy calendar of events for you to enjoy in 2016.
Another highlight of the year was the completion of the lighting upgrade at Tantallon Oval in Lane Cove. LCJRU partnered with Lane Cove Council to invest $68,000 in this project and we hope the players will enjoy the enhanced facilities this season at the home ground, Tantallon Oval.
LCJRU would like to thank their sponsors for their continuing support in 2016. The support of Ray White Lane Cove, Apple Dental and Lane Cove Orthodontics is greatly appreciated by club members and the local community.
|8+ years old|
|1 Child $180
Each player will receive a jumper, shorts and socks. Jumper and shorts to be returned at the end of the season.
We are planning to enter teams in the AFL Sydney Juniors (Harbour North) league in 2016 across multiple divisions (up to and including Under 12).
|5 – 8 years old|
|1 Child $160
Each player will receive an Auskick membership pack, jumper, shorts and socks. Jumper and shorts to be returned at the end of the season.
|NEW Player||Click here to register Now for 2016! Click on the Register button next to Lane Cove Cats and complete the form.|
|RETURNING Player||Click here to register Now for 2016! and click on the “Re-register” button|
If you have registered but haven’t payed, go to the registration page and click on the red “Update/Pay” button near the bottom of the page.
The Lane Cove Tigers Junior Rugby League club are holding free ‘Come and Try’ clinics on Monday 8th February and Tuesday 16th February at 5pm at Tantallon Oval in Lane Cove. Come and Try clinic’s are a great way for kids to try out some skills and drills and for families to discover their local club and the age-modified games that are safe, fun and build confidence.
To register for the 2016 season please click the “Sign Up” button at the top of their Facebook page.
For any enquiries please contact [email protected] or call Matt on 0422 001 311.
About Junior Rugby League:
– The modified rugby league games are fun for both boys and girls
– Kids can start playing from 4 years of age
– Kids do not require any advanced skills or experience to begin
– Coaches are actively involved on the field up until Under-7s to provide a safe and supportive environment for kids to learn the game, truly participate in a team and build their confidence
– The Safe Play Code is enforced by qualified referees and allows the kids to focus on developing their skills and having fun!
– Kids are taught by coaches specifically qualified for the age-modified games
– Junior Rugby League clubs are family-oriented groups run by local families and bound by the National Code of Conduct
– Rugby League is a great sport to get kids active and meet new friends
Registrations are taken at the beginning of the year, usually from early January through until the beginning of the season in April. All players must be registered and have paid their registration fee to be eligible to play.
Registrations are made through the Football Federation Australia system – MyFootballClub – www.myfootballclub.com.au
To register, you will require your FFA number – this can be found or set up on MyFootballClub – www.myfootballclub.com.au
How to Register
1. Log onto the FFA website – www.myfootballclub.com.au
2. Click on “Register Now”
3. Select “Player Registration”at the bottom of the page
4. Select the first option “Click here to proceed to the login pages”
5. Log In using your FFA Number and Password
6. Follow the prompts to complete your registration
If you need further assistance please visit our Registration Info page here.
Men’s All Age players looking to register for the upcoming season, please contact our MAA Coordinator Nick Legrand before registering at [email protected].
Club Registration Day 2016
Lane Cove Football Club will hold its 2016 Club Registration Day on Saturday, 6 February 2016 at Lane Cove Plaza from 9am-12pm, where registrations are taken in person. However, as they are processed through the MyFootballClub system delays can be experienced.
This is also an opportunity to speak with a member of the Committee who are usually on hand to answer any questions you may have.
Welcome to the 2016 season for the Greenwich Sports Club! The Club celebrates its 80th year in 2016! The annual registration day sausage sizzle will be held on Sunday, January 31st at 5:00 p.m. at Bob Campbell Oval. This is a chance to come down and have a casual kick around, ask questions of committee members, say hello to fellow members and meet potential new members. Their online registration will open that same evening at 8:00 p.m. Simply click on “Registration” in either the Football Quicklinks or Netball Quicklinks boxes located to the right of this home page. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the appropriate committee member.
Club News and Events
Greenwich Sports Club is open to new members across both football and netball in all age groups. However, the Club has particular need for new women players as we are hoping to expand the number of teams offered across our various divisions – WAA, W35 and W45 – from four to five (1 WAA, 2 W35s and 2 W45s). If you are looking for a club to join, whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, we likely have a space for you! Please join us at our women”s tryout and grading day on Saturday, February 6, 2016 from 2- 5 p.m. at Greenwich Public School. The head coach, Gerry Gomez, will be on hand to run some fun drills while our coaching panel assesses skill levels as part of our team forming process. It will be a great pre-season warm up session and allow you to get to know other women within the club. All current and potential members are encouraged to attend. If you have any questions, please contact our Women’s Age Coordinator, Michele Simos via [email protected].
Established in 1963, Chatswood Rangers Sports Club is one of the fastest growing sporting clubs on the North Shore.
Chatswood Rangers Sports Club is seeking registrations for its Junior and Senior Football and Junior and Senior Netball teams.
· Junior Netball from U7 to U15
· Senior Netball from 16 years+
· Junior Football from U6 to U18, including both Girl’s and Mixed football
· Senior Football from 18 years+, including both Men’s and Women’s Football
To register and find out more information about your local community club please go to the club website:
Important dates for the diary:
· Saturday 13 February: Registration and Club Information Day. Venue: Mandarin Centre Chatswood (11.30am to 3pm)
· Junior Football Pre-Season Training. Venue: Thompson Park Artarmon (starting Monday 8 February 4-5pm)
· Monday 8 February: Senior Netball Grading and Meet-and Greet. Venue: Bicentennial Park Netball Courts at Willoughby Leisure Centre, Small St Willoughby (7.00 to 8.30pm)
· Wednesday 10 February: Junior Netball Grading (first week). Venue: Bicentennial Park Netball Courts at Willoughby Leisure Centre, Small St Willoughby (5.45pm to 7.45pm)
· 1/2/3 April: Round 1 of Football and Netball competitions
If we have missed a registration day please let us know.
If you or your child is playing sport, make sure you invest in a Mouth Guard.
Did you know more than 5 million teeth are knocked out during sporting activities every year? What is even worse is that it’s estimated between 30% and 50% of these injuries could have been prevented or would have been less severe had a mouthguard been worn.
Find our more here about mouthguards from www.appledental.com.au
If you would like to find out more about Lane Cove and also some fabulous promotions and competitions, you should subscribe to our newsletter. Just click here to subscribe.
If there are any tips or questions you would like In the Cove to answer or investigate, please send us an email at [email protected].