ITC is a poster child for plus size women. It can be quite daunting walking into an exercise class filled with women all looking great in their active wear. There are also some exercises that larger woman struggle with and that can be embarrassing (so embarrassing I hide my face in my abundant cleavage). ITC wonders if you have been curious about starting Yoga, but didn’t feel comfortable, or weren’t sure you’d find a teacher who’d “get” it, or a class that would meet your needs and you could relax in. Then Plus Size Yoga by Yogabowl is for you.
What is Plus Sized Yoga?
Plus Size Yoga is a new trend, it’s about self-acceptance of every BODY. It’s all about empowering people in a judgement free atmosphere with people who have all probably experienced the same social isolation when exercising.
Regardless of stereotypical media leanings, Yoga is a non-competitive practice designed to help every body feel wonderful, free and calm.
Yoga is not a one-size-fits-all practice and is do-able for real people like you – given the right teaching and support. The same way Pregnant women, seniors and those with back-pain benefit from specialised Yoga, Plus-Size Yoga will open your eyes and your body to all the amazing benefits of Yoga. And we’re not just talking physical benefits here.
What does the Plus Size Yoga Programme Offer?
Yogabowl has created a program that offers:
– a safe space of self-acceptance where every BODY is loved & welcomed;
– expertly sequenced Yoga for larger bodies;
– modifications and permission to make the practice work for you;
– stretching and strengthening your body in a way that feels accessible;
– move into a new level of self-awareness;
– filling the space on and around your mat with joy, pride, empathy and self-love; and
– down-time for YOU, away from the stresses of life. Relax. Restore. Recharge.
What Should I Bring?
If you have a Yoga mat, bring it along. If not – we’ve got plenty of mats. Just bring you.
What Should I Wear?
It’s about COMFORT, not looking a certain way. Wear leggings, trackie dacks, lounge pants, shorts or even your favourite PJ’s. Perhaps your fav T-Shirt or singlet, or whatever you’ll be comfortable sitting & lying on the floor in. It seriously doesn’t matter. And we don’t wear shoes in class, so bare feet or socks are easy!
You don’t need to change a thing – just show up as YOU
We’d love you to join us for Plus-Size Yoga at Yogabowl. Yogabowl is located in a light filled studio overlooking Leafty Central Park and Longueville.
The Workshop Details
Sunday 22nd October 10:30am – 12:30pm @ Yogabowl.
Upstairs (one flight of stairs) @ Lane Cove Tennis Club.
Led by Deb Hennessey.
This workshop is a “taster” for a 6-week Plus-Size Yoga Course we’ll be running 5th Nov to 10th Dec.
The ideal opportunity to try it & see how it feels.
Date: Sunday, 22 October 2017
Time: 10:30am – 12:30pm
Venue: Yogabowl (upstairs) @ Lane Cove Tennis Club.
Book Now: Booking Link
Yogabowl is located at the Lane Cove Tennis Club top end of Kenneth St Longueville NSW 2066
Phone: 0411 155 165
This is a sponsored post.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at email@example.com
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)