If you’re like ITC and have a fresh Christmas Tree, you will be wondering what to do with the tree once the decorations are removed. The traditional day for taking down your Christmas Tree is 6th January (epiphany).
Here are the options for disposing of your Fresh Christmas Tree.
Residents can dispose of fresh Christmas trees in the Green Waste Bin if it’s been cut up into 30 centimetre lengths with branches and trunk no thicker than 10cm. The lid of the green waste bin must be completely closed when presented for collection. If the tree sticks out from the top of the bin, the waste truck is unable to empty it due to the extra height – so please do the right thing so that your green waste bin is able to be emptied on collection day.
Drop your fresh Christmas tree at the Lane Cove Council Depot, Lloyd Rees Drive, Lane Cove West (the Depot is just located near the Lane Cove West Tennis Club and you access it as you would if you were entering Blackman Park)
When: Tuesday 9 January – Friday 12 January
Times: 7:30am – 3:30pm
Conditions: This service is provided for Christmas trees only. Only one tree per household. No additional green waste will be accepted. Proof of residency required. Please do not leave trees at the Depot or dump them in and around the Depot fence or Blackman Park outside the above hours.
Last year we took our tree and the neighbour’s tree with us – so ask your neighbours or friends if they want to dispose of their tree with you.
Happy New Year everyone.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)