- This event has passed.
Caring for the Carer
7 December 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm$15
Living with and caring for someone who has a serious illness, chronic pain, mental health diagnosis or a psychological disorder can be distressing.
Ultimately, carers need to care for themselves so they can care for others.
This one-day workshop, facilitated by Petrea King, will focus on self-care and the three keys to leading a more resilient life:
1. Acceptance – learning to accept what has happened to us which allows us to become an active participator in meeting the challenge.
2. Response – moving beyond reacting out of despair to embracing the challenge before us.
3. Forgiveness – the inner process by which we liberate ourselves from the consequences of feeling wounded in the past.
You will leave this workshop with:
– the ability to manage the full range of emotions associated with being a carer
– tools for self-care
– the ability to maintain hope, humour and optimism
When: Friday 7 December, 9:00am registration. Workshop 9:30am – 3:30pm
Where: Norman Nock Room, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards
Cost: $15. Bookings essential, to book your ticket call 1300 941 488 or visit www.questforlife.com.au/1-day-programs.
Light lunch will be provided
This program is a partnership between Quest for Life and Carer Support Service NSLHD.