- This event has passed.
Quiet Hour at Coles
25 September 2018 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 10:30am on Tuesday, repeating until 29 September 2020
Quiet Hour is offered every Tuesday between 10:30am-11:30am.
In September 2018 Quiet Hour was rolled out to an additional 103 stores nationally, bringing the total count to 173.
Quiet Hour provides a low-sensory shopping experience by making changes in store, such as reducing noise and distractions, to help make a difference to customers who find it challenging to shop in a heightened sensory environment.
Last year, Coles partnered with Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) and trialled Quiet Hour at two of our Victorian stores (Ringwood and Balwyn East) to help support customers who are – or have family members – on the autism spectrum.
During Quiet Hour, customers will notice the following changes in participating Coles supermarkets:
- Store lighting will be reduced
- Coles Radio will be switched off
- Register and scanner volumes will be reduced to the lowest level
- No trolley collections and roll cages will be removed from the shop floor
- No PA announcements except in the case of emergencies
- Free fruit will be offered at customer service
- Additional team members will be available to support customers
Together with Aspect, Coles is creating a ‘no-judgement’ shopping space where people on the spectrum and their families can feel comfortable and welcome while they complete their daily shop.
Our team members at participating stores are enthusiastic about the initiative and love offering Quiet Hour to their customers who might benefit from the experience. Quiet Hour is just another way we are achieving good things in our communities and for our customers and team members.