- This event has passed.
Teens Workshop: Resilience at Yogabowl
5 May 2019 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm$39
It’s no wonder RESILIENCE is a real buzz word in schools throughout Australia, as many experts agree we all need to develop more durability, adaptability and flexibility to better handle life’s challenges as they come our way.
Our RESILIENCE WORKSHOP for high school boys and girls will offer an experiential and practical exploration of what resilience is, and ways we can develop more of it.
Delivered in an engaging format through a fun, positive filter – including group discussion as well as individual reflection time, the workshop will:
* Explore our innate patterns to unknown events in life
* Unpack your Teen’s natural character strengths and how these can be harnessed during times of challenge
* Provide a range of tools that will help young people facing adversity
* Practice mindfulness to develop resilience and resetting our mindset to be more constructively action future (problem-solving) focused rather than ruminating on what we can’t change or fix.
During the workshop, you will:
– Gain clarity around your patterns of dealing with challenge and stress
– Build on your inner strengths
– Develop key strategies to feel confident and equipped to face anything life may throw at you
This theme of resilience will then carry through into Term 2 of our Teens Yoga program (Sundays 5pm, starting 12th May) – which will allow them plenty of space to play with the concepts and tools of resilience in a safe space through their Yoga practice.
Led by Heather Lynn.