- This event has passed.
Traditional Polish Embroidery Workshop with Kasia Jacquot
24 September 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$185
If the words Eastern European Folk Crafts conjure up rich colours, textures and a bit of magic you’re spot on. This is exactly what you can create in this very special workshop. I have created a beautiful design which you will learn from start to finish in this all day class. This design comes from a traditional women’s bodice and is gloriously colourful and vibrant. The workshop focusses on:
- use of colour including blending threads to create your own unique colours
- easy ways with the satin stitch (and I mean E..A..S..Y..)
- French knots (don’t worry I’ve become a master at teaching this fussy little thing)
- fly stitch like you’ve probably never used before even if you know fly stitch
- creating outlines and textures quickly and easily without additional stitching to define edges
- seed stitch, stem stitch, single stitch
- my favourite tips and tricks that will save your sanity and time
It’s also important to note here that this workshop absolutely welcomes beginners. We all start off at the same place and after a while everyone is going at their own pace. I keep my classes small to enable me to see everyone individually and help.
You will walk away armed with new skills, a new project to finish quickly and new found inspiration!
14 places only.
All materials provided, plus Kasia will be sharing other examples of traditional Polish embroideries
- Wooden embroidery hoop
- High grade Russian linen with design screen printed on (no need to transfer design)
- DMC stranded cotton threads
Venue: Lane Cove Library, Meeting Room 1