- This event has passed.
Yin Yoga and Meditation 8 week Course
26 April 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until 14 June 2018
The perfect late autumn treat.
Yin Yoga is a meditatiom-based practice, inviting us to cultivate greater balance, relaxation and surrender into our lives. Often likened to a needle-less acupuncture session, Yin Yoga is a powerfully healing practice with roots in the physiology of Traditional Chinese Medicine. The sequences are created with similar aims of an acupuncturist: following the meridian lines based on their known benefits.
Yin Yoga targets myofascia (connective tissues) by passively holding floor-based poses for 3-5mins, and offers benefits including:
* Reduction in physical tension
* Improve flexibility and range of motion
* Deeply relax the nervous system.
WHAT TO EXPECT EACH WEEK:
With it’s roots in the acupuncture meridians, each week Yin poses will focus on a different energy channels (meridians) of the body linked to different aspects of the physical body, tissue and organ health, thought patterns and emotional wellbeing. Each practice will end with a Mindfulness-based Meditation.
Discover how to attune, integrate and mindfully respond to the challenges and constant change that modern life brings through healing Yin poses, breath and meditation. Here’s how we know it can help:
– Improve overall health and wellbeing
– Reduce inflammation, stress and worry
– Improve sleep, digestion and sense of calm
– Increase energy, clarity and vitality
– Cultivate greater presence, compassion, equanimity, courage and wisdom in their lives.
Suitable for all levels of Yoga and meditation experience, including beginners. All you need is a willingness to draw your attention inward and surrender to stillness.
Led by Angela Mifsud.
- 26 April 2018
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- As Featured, Health and Wellness, Sport and Fitness
- Event Tags:
- beginners meditation, beginners yoga, destress, meditation, meditation lane cove, mindfulness, stress workshop, unstress, yin yoga, yoga lane cove, yogabowl
- View Event Website