- This event has passed.
Yin Yoga/Roll and Release Workshop
11 August 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$70
Yin Yoga and Roll and Release Workshop for entire back line of the body including hIps.
WHY THE COMBO OF YIN AND ROLL & RELEASE?
The powerfully effective combination of Yin Yoga with Roll and Release techniques provide an amazing series of releases for the entire back line including neck, shoulders and hamstring regions – as well as hips that will move with more freedom. The lasting effects of both techniques will leave you wanting more, as they effect the deep tissues in the body while creating cellular memories within. It’ll then feel easier to go there each time you practice it.
WHAT IS YIN YOGA?
Yin Yoga is designed to “juice up” your joints (especially hips, pelvis, lower spine) and connective tissues (fascia) and in turn energizes the major organs and unblocks the major meridians in the body.
Often likened to a needle-less acupuncture session with all the benefits, Yin Yoga is for every body, from beginners to injured yogis – all postures can be amended to suit.
WHAT IS ROLL & RELEASE?
Roll and Release is a pathway to healing, flexibility, letting go of tension, pain and emotional energy that brings suffering. It is simple enough for everyone.
We use ‘tools’ of tennis balls and Yoga blocks to massage and manipulate the myofascial tissue, a membrane within that holds our energy body, emotional body and is the number two cause of inflexibility and tension. Sometimes through emotional traumas, physical injuries, overuse of muscles, lack of movement and just life in general, this membrane can hold tensions causing us suffering and pain. R&R is a quick and powerful solution to all these situations. We focus on releasing into the fascia and myofascia where the stuck energy causes tension.
WHAT IS FASCIA AND MYOFASCIA?
MYO = Muscle
FASCIA = Connective tissue covering muscles from head to toe providing support, stability and cushioning
MYOFASCIAL = Dense, tough, flexible tissue that surrounds and covers all muscles and bones.
Fascia is like a storage room for emotions, stuck energy, traumas and memories, and is from the top of the head to the bottom of the feet and everywhere in between. It goes between the skin and muscles, the muscles and bones, around every organ, around attachments, ligament and joints.
Little energy lines called Meridians run throughout the body and organs. During Roll & Release we become more self-aware – and then through the breath, surrendering and acceptance we learn that tensions and stresses are able to be released.
WHO’S THE WORKSHOP IDEAL FOR?
– From Athletes right through to Yogi’s … and anyone in-between.
– Those with tension or tightness in the body that needs releasing.
– You enjoy the FEELING of a really deep stretch, and the long-lasting effect of deep OPENERS and releases.
– Looking for the rewarding feeling of a CHALLENGE.
– Enjoy the MEDITATIVE aspect of Yoga.
– Beginners, experienced, injured or even pregnant student – EVERY BODY will enjoy this!
HOW MIGHT I FEEL AFTER THE WORKSHOP?
Common post-workshop feedback includes feeling:
– More energetic
– Deeply stretched out
– Improved movement and flexibility in the body
– Free from mental and physical tensions
– Refreshed and relaxed
Places are strictly limited.
Led by Trish Flynn.
- 11 August 2018
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- As Featured, Health and Wellness, Seminar, Workshop, Talk or Lecture, Sport and Fitness
- Event Tags:
- back pain, beginners yoga, gentle yoga, hips, lane cove back pain, stretch roll and release workshop, yin yoga, yogabowl
- 26 April 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 26 April 2019 @ 11:00 am|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 11:00am on Friday, repeating until 6 December 2019