- This event has passed.
Yin Yoga Workshop at Yogabowl with Georgia Rose
19 May 2019 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am$39
This relaxing Yin Yoga workshop will explore how our breath forms the bridge between our body and mind via the Lung and Heart Meridians.
THE LUNG MERIDIAN: BREATH AND ENERGY.
Our BREATH is the bridge between body and mind, that brings us ‘home’. Our body is our first home, so to return and be grounded in it, is crucial to inner connection and self-care.
To come back to our natural balanced state and operate from our parasympathetic nervous system (“rest and digest”) rather than the “fight or flight” of adrenal dominance, is ideal. Even though the world calls us to do and BE more, existing in Yang energy – to slow down with Yin-style Yoga and practices, will assist in living our best, most balanced life possible.
The Lungs not only serve as our breath and chi (energy) centre, they are responsible for self-protection and self-preservation.
By stimulating the lung meridian can bring benefits, including:
* Greater ease and depth of breath
* Loosening your grip on worry, literally “breathing easier”
* Accessing Parasympathetic nervous system (calming/healing)
THE HEART MERIDIAN: RULER OF EMOTIONS.
The heart is the house of our higher selves, and this meridian governs circulation and adrenals, amongst other things.
By stimulating this channel, we may find:
* Improved clarity about what’s happening in our lives
* We respond, rather than react to challenges as they occur
* Balancing the metabolism & hormone levels
Who’ll benefit most from this?
Stimulating the heart and lung channels can benefit those needing:
* More open and fuller breath
* Boosting their energy and immune system
* Opening thoracic tightness, shoulders & chest
* A more relaxed outlook on life.
IDEAL FOR: ?- Non-yogis to the most experienced Yogi’s
* Desk-sitters & slouchers
* Stress-heads and chronic worriers
* Anyone who needs a reminder to breathe a little deeper.
Led by Georgia Rose Thompson.
- 19 May 2019
9:00 am - 10:30 am
- Event Categories:
- As Featured, Health and Wellness, Seminar, Workshop, Talk or Lecture, Sport and Fitness
- Event Tags:
- gentle yoga, lane cove yoga, relax, yin yoga, yogabowl