5 Community Apps You Should Know About
- Vandaltrak – Allows you to upload graffiti reports directly into a database from the site of the vandalism. It uses GPS data to track the location of the graffiti – so reporting graffiti has never been easier. The North Shore Local Police Command recommended this app to In the Cove. It does allow local groups to track particular tagging which helps with enforcement.
- Snap Send Solve – This app is designed to help you quickly and easily report issues to local government. Take a picture of the problem, upload it with the app and it is sent to the relevant local council using GPS data. Our Facebook Fans have told us they have used this app and it works. It sure beats ringing up the Lane Cove Council and trying to find the correct person to speak to in relation to your particular problem.
- Neatstreets – This app allows you to report issues that may need to be fixed by an authority. You don’t need to know which authority is responsible – the app will work that out. You just need to report the issue (for example pot holes, road obstruction, trolleys on the road) using the app.
- National Public Toilet App – this app will tell you where the nearest public toilet is located – If you read our Lane Cove Survey blog you will see that many of our Facebook Fans think we could do with more public toilets in Lane Cove.
- Snarl – this traffic congestion app was developed by a Lane Cove resident!!! Although this is not technically a community app. It does help the community at large know when there is a traffic snarl and allows them to take an alternative route.
As you know there is always an app for that!! Which apps do you use to help you with local problems, we would love to know?!