Just one of the many things we love about the Lane Cove Community is how kind and giving you all are. This month, on Tuesday 27 June, is the big Sydney Homeless Connect annual winter event, and long-term Lane Cove resident, and charitable soul, Sigal Kliger is organising a collection and donation of Homeless Care Packs for the upcoming event at Sydney Town Hall.
How does it work?
Each year since 2010, Sydney Town Hall has transformed into a welcoming environment for Sydney’s homeless. It’s a place where they can not only connect with services such as crisis care, financial and legal advice, employment information and housing assistance, but one where they receive dental and medical attention, a haircut, a massage and a hot meal. It’s a place where they can feel special, respected, and safe.
How can you help? By donating a Homeless Care Pack
Sydney Homeless Connect is asking Sydney-siders to donate a ‘Homeless Care Pack’ filled with the bare essentials to help those who could really use the help this cold winter. With over 3000 homeless people from around NSW expected to turn out for the day, it would be huge for Sydney Homeless Connect to be able to offer each of them a small care pack made with love.
Sigal is putting some Homeless Care Packs together, but she needs help! So please think about putting together a Homeless Care Pack too.
What is in the Homeless Care Pack?
Your Homeless Care Pack could be made using a reusable shopping bag (like from Coles or Woolworths), a canvas tote bag, or a large Ziploc bag, and could include some of the following:
- Water bottle / juice
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Face wipes
- Wash cloth
- Hand sanitizer
- Cotton swabs
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Comb/hair brush
- Hand lotion
- First aid kit
- Small torch
- Rain poncho
- Opal card with a small credit on it
- Brekkie bars, snacks, can of tuna and crackers
- Pen and note pad
- A personal note from you with words of encouragement
The care packs will be handed out to individuals as they enter the Town Hall. Please create a special pack that would be useful to both men and women.
Please drop your packs off by Friday 23 June 2017 at Go Vita Lane Cove.
(Go Vita is located just off Lane Cove Plaza, behind McGrath Real Estate)
For more information about this great cause, see www.sydneyhomelessconnect.com
Well done Sigal for connecting Lane Cove to this event. Thank you so much to Go Vita Lane Cove for agreeing to be a drop-off point.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)