Public Transport is a hot topic in Lane Cove. With the start of the new school year, people are now back at work and the bus queues are reappearing. Another transport option for local residents is a ferry from Lane Cove to the city. It is a great option for people who work around Circular Quay or the northern side of the CBD.
A Captain Cook Cruises ferry operates from Lane Cove into the city on weekdays in the morning and afternoon from several Lane Cove Council area wharves including:
The weekday timetable can be found here.
A state government ferry operates from Greenwich Point to Circular Quay on weekends and weekdays. If you are interested in using this ferry the timetable is here.
A weekend ferry does not operate from the Longueville wharf.
This week the NSW State Government announced that the Opal Card could now be used on the Lane Cove Ferry. Lane Cove Local State Member the Hon. Anthony Roberts and the Captain Cook Cruises General Manager Anthony Haworth were at the Longueville wharf and ITC took the opportunity to quiz them about more ferries for Lane Cove*.
We asked Anthony Haworth if they were interested in operating a weekend Ferry. Here is his response:
So Lane Cove it is over to you – would you like a Ferry on the weekends from Longueville?
Take this survey and let us know
If you cannot access the survey on your mobile device – just click here.
* ITC also took the opportunity to quiz our local member on numerous issues and we will tell you more about his responses soon.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at email@example.com
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)