UBER is teaming up with the Australian Red Cross for the Uber x Red Cross clothing drive this Sunday 3rd June 2018 between 12 pm and 4 pm.
Uber drivers will collect your pre-loved clothing from your home and deliver it to the nearest Red Cross Shop.
An estimated $800,000 worth of clothing was donated last year.
So this weekend, dive into those closets and get out those clothes you are no longer wearing. Jumpers and Hoodies will help someone in need to stay warm this winter.
What do I need to do?
- Go through your closets and find clothes you no longer wear;
- If you have not used Uber before, download the Uber app;
- Open the Uber app between 12 pm and 4 pm on Sunday June 3, 2018;
- Select the Red Cross Clothing Drive car:
- Tap ‘Request’ and confirm your pickup location; and
- Where available, your items will be picked up (for free) but you must take them to the uber driver’s car as they are not allowed to leave their cars unattended.
“Uber is proud to be partnering again with Australian Red Cross in support of this fantastic initiative,” Uber’s general manager in Australia and New Zealand Susan Anderson said.
“We are hoping that this year’s Clothing Drive will be bigger and better, helping raise funds to support the invaluable work Red Cross does for communities in need.”
Dos and Don’ts
- For the Australian Red Cross Clothing drive, Red Cross Shops can only accept clothing, shoes and accessories – no toys, books, furniture, breakables or electrical items.
- Make sure your donations are bagged and ready to go.
- Please bring your bagged items out to the car when it arrives. Driver-partners will not be able to leave their cars unattended.
- Please donate quality items only. This means the kind of items people will want to buy, or that you would be happy to give away to a friend.
This is a fab way to clear out your closest and make sure your clothes are actually donated (how many times have you driven around with your clothes to be donated sitting in your boot for weeks or months?).
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at email@example.com
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)