Recently In the Cove has received many complaints about the Blackman Park Lane Cove “turf” ovals known as Ovals B3 and B4. They are currently quite dusty and dirty to play on.
In September of each year Lane Cove Council undertakes works on their sporting grounds for the upcoming season.
Commencing 17 September 2018, a major renovation of ovals B3 & B4 will be undertaken to improve the long-term usability of the grounds. It will also allow for a full length AFL field and two new full-size cricket wickets that will replace the existing one.
There are a number of stages to the works including:
- Spraying of grass and weeds to prepare the surface;
- Reprofiling to improve the playing surface;
- Construction of two cricket pitches to expand capacity;
- Installation of irrigation and drainage to improve playing surface longevity; and
- Laying new turf including allowing time for it to establish for sport use in 2019.
During this renovation period there will be no access to the lower ovals and cricket nets – access to the path and playgrounds will be maintained. The upgrade to the ovals is anticipated to be completed by January 2019.
Following the completion of the upgrade, a new fenced dog park will be constructed to provide additional off-leash exercise space. Off-leash use of the ovals will remain when sporting activities are not in progress.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at email@example.com
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)
ITC Business Community Supporters support ITC by advertising in our Lane Cove Business Directory. Please support the local businesses that advertise in our business directory. The ITC team is now one full time person and two local mums part time – we want to work with more locals.