Yesterday we reported that a police operation was in place at Morrice Street Lane Cove. The operation involved two police cars from 4pm. At 9 pm a police van arrived.
Police have charged a 68 year old Lane Cove man with a string of drug and firearm offences.
Police were called to an address on Morrice Street, Lane Cove shortly after 4:00pm Tuesday 16th April after receiving information that a male living at that location may be in possession of illegal firearms. Police searched the residence and will allege they located a high powered rifle underneath the Lane Cove man’s bed along with a large amount of ammunition. A search of the man’s vehicle allegedly uncovered more ammunition as well as various quantities of substances believed to be prohibited drugs.
The Lane Cove man was arrested and taken to Chatswood Police Station, he was charged with 3 counts of possessing a prohibited drug, 4 firearm offences as well as 1 count of stalking/intimidation. He was refused bail to appear before Hornsby Local Court in the coming days.
it was an eventful week in Morrice Street with a car slamming into a fence. The car had to be towed away.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at [email protected]
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)