One of Lane Cove’s pioneer women’s real estate agents Jocelyn Gregory (of Hamilton & Co) has decided to downsize, and her magnificent home set against the backdrop of sweeping district vistas and the manicured fairways of Lane Cove golf course is now on the market.
The house is located at 2 Gamma Road Lane Cove.
Many Lane Cove residents have purchased or sold their homes from Jocelyn. After 24 wonderful years in her home, Jocelyn’s husband, Greg passed away last year and now it’s time to move on.
Jocelyn first started working in Lane Cove at Blunts Real Estate in 1975. Blunts used to be located at the One Seed Patisserie on the corner of Longueville Road and Central Avenue.
In 1987 she opened her own agency, Hamilton & Co, with a business partner. They opened their doors in August 1987, just before Black Monday, when, the world’s financial markets had a, sudden, severe, and largely unexpected crash on Monday, October 19, 1987. Despite this difficult start, Jocelyn ran Hamilton & Co for 30 years and was an agent for over 40 years. For many of those years, she was the top-performing agent in the Lane Cove Council area.
During that time, Jocelyn sponsored many local sporting groups and was the first real estate agency to support In the Cove. In the Cove thought we had hit the big time when we had 1000 followers and held a party sponsored by Jocelyn. We now have over 22 000 followers, and without the support of sponsors like Jocelyn we would not be able to continue.
Since retiring from real estate, Jocelyn has been kept busy with several hobbies and she is an avid rower with North Shore Rowing. Jocelyn is very sociable, so the jury is out if she enjoys rowing or the coffee and catch up with the team afterwards more.
2 Gamma Road Lane Cove
Jocelyn’s home will be ideal for a family looking to buy in Lane Cove. The home is a sophisticated contemporary design on a breathtaking 873sqm north-to-rear garden parcel, it represents an exceptional opportunity within this highly sought-after pocket.
A captivating presence enhanced by a resort-inspired ambience, high-end finishes and an expansive floor plan tailored for seamless indoor/outdoor entertaining, beyond this serene lifestyle sanctuary enjoy a leisurely stroll into the heart of Lane Cove village.
This house could be someone’s forever home. Features include:
– White Sydney sandstone double entry foyer with vaulted ceilings
– Multiple living spaces and a seamless connection to the verdant surrounds
– Gourmet chef’s kitchen fitted with commercial-grade European appliances
– Marble benchtops, double ovens, Zanussi gas cooking and teppanyaki hot plate
– Open plan family living bathed in spectacular district and golf course views
– Four double bedrooms with built-ins plus home office with custom joinery
– Luxe master suite features his and her walk-in robes and garden-view balcony
– Entertaining terrace overlooking the 3rd tee and beautifully landscaped gardens
– Solar heated in-ground pool, sprawling child-friendly lawns and covered balcony
– Downstairs rumpus, home gym and 3rd bathroom could be used as in-law wing
– Blackbutt flooring, ducted reverse cycle air conditioning and ceiling fans
– Heated floors in ensuite, freestanding bath, dual stone vanity and laundry chute
– Bespoke joinery, retractable balcony awning and plantation shutters
– Internal access to the six-car automatic garage with workshop area
– Whisper quiet leafy street just 900m from the premier ‘Canopy’ precinct
– Stroll to the Bus Interchange, popular local schools, preschools and parklands
This is a sponsored post – Rebecca Mitchell is an ITC Buiness Supporter