Lane Cove Podiatry
Lane Cove Podiatry’s dedicated, professional team of podiatrists offer an array of services that deal with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of medical and surgical conditions of the feet and lower limbs. We assess and treat feet of all ages: babies up to grandparents.
No foot is too young or old!
We treat and advise on plantar fasciitis, heel pain and Severs, ingrown toenails (conservatively and surgically), bunions, muscular soreness, corns and calluses, warts, claw toes, fungal infections, thickened toe nails, diabetic foot health and all forms of arthritis.
Treatments at Lane Cove Podiatry include:
- Dry needling and trigger point therapy is used for people with acute or chronic pain and as an adjunct to other forms of treatment
- Joint and soft tissue releasing/ mobilisation assists the foot to return to and retain function and reduce stress
- Taping is practiced with both rigid and kinesio e.g. Rocktape and taught to our patients to treat injuries and enhance performance
- Assistance with stretching and strengthening programs including balance techniques: is taught as a part of treatment and management to patients of all ages
- Orthotic therapy including a range of specialist off-the-shelf devices that the podiatrist can modify and adjust and customised hand-made or computer generated devices specially designed for the individual. Our range of orthoses are designed for feet of all ages, types and activities.
- Interdigital wedging, padding and cushioning including silicon, leather, felts, foams and lambswool all professionally prescribed with specific instructions or care
- Diabetic assessments involving vascular, dermatologica and neurological screening including Doppler assessment and reporting to GP and specialists by the podiatrist.
- Ingrown nail surgery including conservative and surgical assessment and management.
- Assessing, monitoring and treating patients with systemic disease, such as arthritis
- Occupational podiatry for people who are prone to foot problems, e.g. hairdressers, nurses, construction workers.