Lane Cove 12ft Sailing Skiff ClubLane Cove 12ft Sailing Skiff Club
The Club holds four, five day school holiday Learn to Sail courses during the season.
All courses 10:00am to 4:00pm daily
Each course has three groups
* Beginners in Sabots – Designed for children aged from 8 to 12 who would like to learn the basic skills of sailing. For those that have never sailed before.
* Those with some experience – Designed for children aged from 8 to 12 who have previously done our Learn to Sail course or a similar course elsewhere. Our training is done using Sabots.
* Beginners in Lasers – Designed for older students up to the age of 18 with no or little experience.
Each program runs for 5 days and covers both theory and practice.
What we provide
* Training boats (10 Sabots and 3 Lasers)
* Personal Flotation Devices – PFDs (Life Jackets)
* Sun protection cream
* A keen and dedicated group of instructors
* Lunch, Morning and Afternoon teas and refreshments
* Graduation barbecue and Certificate presentation on the Friday (5-7pm)
|Click on thumbnail|
What you need to provide
* Kids keen to learn the basics of sailing that can swim at least 50 meters unassisted
* Parents who are keen for their kids to take on sailing as a sport
* Warm clothes for sailing, including a hat
* Suitable footwear
* We also encourage parents to spend some time during the week assisting with the course, from as little as 2 hours to the whole week. This allows the club’s volunteers to focus on teaching and adds another layer of safety.