In the Cove cannot believe, that in such a short space of time, we have over 1000 likers. In the Cove only started in October last year. It is a community site, so we cannot afford to advertise or promote that we exist. As a thank you to our wonderful and devoted likers, In the Cove threw a 1000 likers’ party at Epitome Café on 7 June 2013. In the Cove also believes that any ITC event must have a charity component. This function was in support of John Farrow – who will be representing Australia at the next Winter Olympics in the Skeleton.
We could not have held this party without our Gold Sponsor Jocelyn Gregory of Hamilton & Co. Jocelyn is a huge supporter of local events. Rebecca Mitchell, one of Jocelyn’s agents came along on the night to represent Hamilton & Co. We are so grateful for Hamilton & Co’s support.
David from Epitome Café threw open the doors and could not do enough for us. He put on extra staff, he served us free nibbles and he put on wonderful entertainment. David is now licensed to serve alcohol and has a happy hour. If you want to have a drink before the sun sets and enjoy the Plaza come on down to Epitome and have a drink.
During the night we were entertained by two very talented ladies. If you have not seen them perform at Epitome then make sure you pop down one Friday night and see them. That’s What She Said is a female piano/vocal duet covering anything from Gershwin to Gaga and Adele to Oasis. A gentle acoustic sound and the odd funky tune here and there. They are available for restaurants, cafes, private functions, weddings and 1000th likers’ parties.
Lane Cove businesses were so generous with their support of our raffle. Our list of sponsors are listed below.
Over 75 people came and had a drink with us and celebrated our milestone. Some people popped in for ten minutes, some people stayed all night and some people partied on afterwards.
Highlights of the night included:
- John Farrow bringing his Skeleton Sled and helmet and showing it to everyone. He races down a bobsled track at 140 km an hour face first!!!
- Eyes on Lane Cove donated a pair of Tiffany & Co Sunglasses and there was fierce competition for those sunglasses.
- Sam Spurr from Inlumino Communications donated a PR/content marketing/social media strategy session and then proceeded to win himself (a redraw took place).
- Dave Shaw from Lawn & More 4 Shaw donated a free lawn mowing session – it took five attempts to draw this prize, as the people winning it did not have lawns. On the sixth attempt his girlfriend won the prize – another redraw. At this stage ITC yelled out – is there anyone here with a lawn????
- The biggest highlight was raising $800 for John Farrow to develop an aerodynamic sled in conjunction with another lane cove local who is undertaking a PhD on aeronautical engineering.
Thank you to the following sponsors:
Hamilton & Co – Gold Sponsor
Epitome Café – Our Host
Eyes on Lane Cove
Ornella Botter Interiors
Lawn & More 4 Shaw
Identity Direct www.identitydirect.com.au
Sally Penfold – Arbonne Consultant
David R Todd Solicitors
Bakers Delight Lane Cove
Beyond Beautiful Consultant Fiona Winet
Lane Cove Theatre Company