Print this blog out and give it to your husband – circle the gift you want (maybe even blu tack this blog to the back of the toilet door).
ITC put a call out to its likers and asked them to tell us their best Mother’s Day Gift Tip. Thank you to those who responded. So all you Dads In the Cove this is what your wife wants for Mother’s Day (and don’t give us the old line that your wife is not your mother!!). This list is compiled in no particular order. However I can tell you that 90% of the people who replied to ITC listed a gift from Zjoosh as a great choice.
- Zjoosh stocks a large range of accessories, handbags, scarves and homewares products. The most popular gift from Zjoosh was a Glasshouse Candle. There are numerous fragrances available for $39.99. One of our likers suggested that the best fragrance was Coconut and Lime. They also had a great tip. The candles come with a lid. Once the candle is finished use the container for storing cotton buds, cotton wool or make up remover pads. Great Idea! If you are in doubt about what to get at Zjoosh just buy a gift certificate.
- Do you have a special occasion coming up soon? If so why don’t you book your wife into a hair and make up session at Tres Jolie. Tres Jolie uses the air brush technique to apply flawless make up. Your wife will feel like a movie star waiting for her close up.
- Flowers from Pure Flowers. Every mother loves flowers (we used to get them before we were married. A boyfriend would receive bonus points if the flowers were delivered to work – it is no use getting flowers unless everybody knows you were sent flowers). Since marriage and kids the number of bouquets delivered drastically declines (there have been studies on this).* Pure Flowers presents the flowers beautifully. They also have a range of gift packs and soaps.
- Chocolate from Thomas Dux or The Cake Man – Lane Cove. No one ever says no to chocolate. Just remember there is nothing better than an attentive hubby except an attentive hubby who regularly buys chocolate.
- Prepaid Coffee Card from Pablo and Rusty’s Lane Cove – need I say more!!
- Lingerie from Bella Cove – If you do not know the correct size to buy, grab a bra from your wife’s draw and take it with you (do not leave it on the top of your desk at work as that might just seem a bit strange) or ask for a gift voucher.
- Beautiful Nhuku Petal Tea Light Holders from One Village Shop Riverview. These beautiful iron holders look sublime when lit. The soft candle light flickers through the hand cut holes casting pretty shadows and creates a serene and wonderful atmosphere. Available in three sizes. ITC suggests that you visit this shop as there are so many other beautiful products you could choose from such as these beautiful organic tablecloths.
- Massage Voucher – She will be so relaxed after a massage that even if you left the toilet seat up for a month she would not complain.
- A photographic package from Magdalena Photography – this is the gift that just keeps giving. Capture your wife with your beautiful children in a framed pint or polished acrylic blocks. To book an appointment call Magdalena on 0438844009 or visit http://www.magdalenaphotography.com.au
If you are In the Cove liker you will receive a free Acrylic Block – just tell Magdalena that you read about it In The Cove.
- A gift voucher for a treatment from any beautician In the Cove will be well received. Every girl loves a day at the beautician. Different ITC likers have nominated different beauticians for their specialty:
- Donna from The Art of Beauty – she is known as the waxing queen.
- The Beautician at Lane Cove West is so convenient and easy to park at if you are in Lane Cove West. If you buy a $100 gift voucher you will receive a beautiful boxed Ecoya candle valued at $19.95. You can also wander next door and buy a gift voucher for a fabulous blow dry from Infinity Hair. (Major bonus points if you give two gift vouchers).
- Cleopatra’s is also known for their eyebrows (as we all know the secret to looking good is a great set of eyebrows).
- What about a Great Mothers of the World Tea Towel from the Tea Towel Empire (full disclosure ITC has just started the Tea Towel Empire). So yes this is blatant self promotion (sorry). The Tea Towels will be available this Sunday at the Lane Cove Public School Food and Farmers Market or at the Cake Man Lane Cove.
*Well maybe not studies but ITC did ask a few girlfriends about it.