Our Health and Wellness bloggers, Body Fusion are back to with a chocolatey snack that is great for all the family.
Healthy Chocolate Slice
These deliciously healthy choc oat bars are a yummy snack or breakfast on the go option. Dairy and nut free makes them great for kids lunch boxes especially for those with allergies/intolerances.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tbls honey
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 2 tbls pepita seeds or shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C & line 20x20cm baking tray with paper.
- In a blender or food processor place oats and pulse for 10 seconds. Transfer to medium bowl and add baking powder, soda, cinnamon and cacao powder.
- In a blender, whiz bananas, apple sauce and honey together till well combined. Mix well into oat flour mixture.
- Stir through goji berries and pour into baking tray. Sprinkle with pepita seeds or shredded coconut.
- Bake for 15 – 20 mins, then leave to cool.
- Replace goji berries with pulsed walnuts or peanuts for nutty taste
- Add sunflower seeds or puffed quinoa to batter for crunch
- Drizzle with melted cacao or dark choc chips for a higher energy option
1 square: 130 cals
At Body Fusion, we work with adults, children and families to develop individualised and tailored advice. We understand the importance of food and nutrition during all stages of life. As Accredited Practising Dietitians, food and eating is our speciality, and we can help you find what’s right for you.
Address: 175 Burns Bay Road Lane Cove, New South Wales, Australia
Phone: 0422 297 271
Web: Body Fusion
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: Body Fusion
Body Fusion are one of ITC’s fabulous Bronze Sponsors. Without their support our website would never have been possible. #itcbronzesponsor
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at [email protected]
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)