Sutherland Street has just won Lane Cove’s Best Decorated Street for the 5th year in a row!! However, that is not all Sutherland Street is known for. Sutherland Street residents rave about the street and how friendly it is.
Here are just some of the things that makes Sutherland Street a very special street:
- They have an Email List of all residents living on the street. If a break-in or street issue arises they can quickly communicate with all residents.
- Their Christmas Street Party is apparently legendary (by the way did you know that attending a street party or connecting with your neighbours may help you live longer??)
- The Sutherland Street Boys like to go out to dinner to chew the fat (apparently the girls get together as well but that is secret women’s business);
- They have formed the Sutherland Street Action Group to protect green spaces in their street and to work together to address issues that impact their street.
- As Sutherland Street is close to the Lane Cove Village, many residents walk to the shops. This is an ideal time to have a chat with neighbours.
- They keep an eye on each other houses and notify their neighbours when they are going away.
- They know the local dogs and cats, which helps if one escapes.
- They encourage each other to display Christmas Lights bringing joy to the people in the street and Lane Cove kids.
- They have donated their Light Up Lane Cove winnings to the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network.
A happy street is a good street to live in. Is your street a friendly street? What do you do to encourage interaction with your neighbours?
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)