The Lane Cove Council’s Annual Light Up Lane Cove Competition was held again this year. We found out that Kylie Dunlop from Kylie Dunlop Photography was going out to see the lights with her kids. We asked her to snap a few photos (sorry for the short notice Kylie – she snapped them on her iPhone). It so nice seeing all the lights and the joy it brings to the kids. Thank you to everyone who put out lights this year!!! If you want to see all the homes in the competition, just view the online map here.
Best Lane Cove Christmas Lights
The Winners are:
1st Place 38-40 Myee Crescent, Lane Cove
This is the third year in a row that Myee Crescent has taken out the top prize. Well done and your house is truly a Christmas Wonderland.
2nd Place 17 Yallambee Road Riverview
17 Yallambee Road also received a 5th Anniversary Excellence Award. It has been the most awarded home since Light Up Lane Cove began in 2013.
3rd Place – 5 Arding Street, Lane Cove
People’s Choice – 1st Place – 61 Kimberley Avenue Lane Cove
(Photo coming soon)
People’s Choice – 2nd Place – 3 Wisdom Road, Greenwich
(note this is last year’s photo – we will update this photo asap)
3rd Place People’s Choice – 42 Carranya Road Riverview
Best Street – Sutherland Street, Lane Cove
Those amazing Sutherland Street residents have done it again taking out the best street for the 5th year in a row. The residents have donated their prize to Light for Kids. Well done Sutherland Street.
Best Unit – 33/25 Best Steet, Lane Cove
Photo Coming Soon
Best Decorated Business Windows Competition
The Lane Cove Council has awarded the following businesses the best windows/shopfront award.
The People’s Choice was taken out by The Cake Man.
- Christmas Gift Guide;
- Ultimate Guide to Christmas in Lane Cove;
- Where to Buy Fresh Christmas Trees in Lane Cove;
- Festive Food Ideas;
- Where to Find a Doctor On Christmas Day and more.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at email@example.com
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)