After a busy 2017, a food-filled festive season and perhaps a little break from your everyday routine – it’s time to size up the New Year and set yourself up to win! Heidi from North Shore Gym has some suggestions on how you can make 2018 your best year yet!!
Does this sound like you? Over a couple of glasses of bubbles, you have made a 20 point plan to get healthy and fit. You launch into your gym work and do seven 3 hour gym sessions in 5 days, feel exhausted and then give up on your 20 point plan. Instead of rushing into an unrealistic plan, take some time to mentally set yourself up to be fit and healthy in 2018. Be realistic about your goals.
Choose 1-3 things you would love to achieve in 2018. Perhaps a health and fitness goal, a workplace goal and a personal goal. Write them down and then ask some questions!
- Are your goals really attainable? Do you need to reset the time, effort and cost to produce a realistic and positive outcome?
- Ask yourself how you will feel when you reach your goal. What exactly do you want? Identify some outcomes that do not involve a feeling eg – I will fit size 12 jeans or I will eat a healthy breakfast daily. Having a physical outcome makes the goal easier to reach.
- Why do you want to reach this goal? What is the aspiration behind the goal, and will this goal really achieve that?
- The more specific your description, the bigger the chance you’ll get exactly that. State what you want, draw a picture, make a chart but work out where, with who, how and when you want to achieve your goals.
- Keep the timeline realistic and flexible, and have an accountability buddy who you can check in with. Keep a journal, Instagram your journal or find another way to show the progress you have made.
A Personal Trainer or a gym buddy can be just the person to walk beside you as you knock over these milestones.
To help you on your way North Shore Gym has a New Year Offer. Join North Shore Gym in January and receive your first 2 weeks free and a complimentary 60-minute FitLife consult to set yourself up for a goal smashing, extraordinary year ahead.
A FitLife Consult is 60 minutes for you to chat about your health and fitness requirements, take some baseline measurements and set some realistic goals. When you join North Shore Gym you have access to motivating classes, training options and a positive community of others all working towards awesomeness!!
North Shore Gym
Level 1 Market Square, 24-28 Burns Bay Road, Lane Cove NSW 2066
Phone: 02 9420 2815
Website: North Shore Gym
Facebook: North Shore Gym
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org