You may be aware that for some time now, In the Cove has been writing letters to the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS), the Lane Cove Council and our local member the Hon. Mr Anthony Roberts, requesting action be taken on the dangerous “Diddy” intersection.
This intersection is the scene of regular accidents, and we’ve thought it was only a matter of time before there was a fatality…
But finally some positive news on the notorious black spot!! The following has been received from the RMS:
Lane Cove Mayor, Pam Palmer, had this to say:
“Council has been working for a long time on a solution to improve traffic conditions at the Longueville Rd/Northwood Rd/ River Rd West intersection, otherwise known as Blaxlands Corner.
Council is required to work with RMS (Roads and Maritime Services) and RMS has to also be happy with the solution in terms of both cost and traffic flow.
Happily, after all this time, I am now advised that RMS has approved a scheme which would include a signalised right-turn from Longueville Rd onto River Rd West.
Council is committed to implementing the plan.
This will not only make the intersection safer but will make travel more convenient for many people”.
Our persistence is finally making waves!
What do you think of the short and long term options outlined by the RMS?
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them).