Tantallon Oval, one of the most important sporting facilities and open spaces in Lane Cove, is to be upgraded.
Local sporting clubs have been fundraising to upgrade the facilities to match the standard of the playing field. Lane Cove Junior Rugby Club, Lane Cove Rugby Club, Lane Cove Cricket Club and Lane Cove Tigers Junior Rugby League Club have been working tirelessly to raise funds for an oval upgrade. The Oval has been home to LCJRU since 1951. However it has long been noted that it is a first glass oval with sub standard facilities.
Th Member for Lane Cove, Anthony Roberts announced today that the NSW Government has agreed to provide $450,000 from the Stronger Communities Fund to assist in the much needed improvements to the Tantallon Oval facilities. The significant upgrade will provide a modern sporting facility that caters for the needs of players, spectators, umpires, referees and the general public.
Mr Roberts said the upgrade would provide new change rooms, a fully accessibly facility and a better indoor, elevated viewing area, which could also be used as a community space.
In response to the announcement of funding, Mayor of Lane Cove, Pam Palmer said “Council is keen to support local sporting groups to enhance facilities that increase sporting and recreational opportunities for our local community”.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)