Wow, what a day. It started early this morning and hit a crescendo during peak commuter times.
In the Cove’s roving reporters were out and about letting us know what was happening. Here is Lane Cove in pictures.
River Road West Greenwich (near Canberra Avenue)
BP Service Station on Pacific Highway Lane Cove North
Quite a few Lane Cove shops were impacted and could not open until they cleaned up the premises and made them safe. Some stayed closed all day and the Lane Cove Post Office was closed.
Thank you to all the Police, SES, Fire and Ambulance teams that were out in force today. If you would like to join the local SES details are here. ITC watched two fire trucks attend an incident this morning 4.30 am during the Thunderstorm.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at [email protected]
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)