If you’re an avid reader of In the Cove’s week in review, you will have noticed an increase in the number of property crimes reported. A property crime includes home break and enters, car theft, mailbox theft, and other crime where property is stolen.
Last week, ITC spoke to the Crime Prevention Officer at the Lower North Shore Command to find out what can be done to reduce this current crime wave. ITC was told that in the first 16 days of 2019 there were 24 property related incidents reported to police in the Lane Cove Area. ITC was advocating for more police patrols and presence in Lane Cove.
This week, ITC spoke to our Local Member Anthony Roberts and told him about the crime wave. Anthony Roberts said he would speak to the Local Area Command Chief.
ITC was pleased to see the following announcement from Lower North Shore Command:
North Shore Police Area Command has launched Strikeforce Willawa which will investigate property crimes occurring across the North Shore after recently witnessing an increase in these types of crimes. Anyone who believes they have information that could assist police is urged to contact Chatswood Police on 9414 8499 or Crime Stoppers (1800 333 000 or www.crimestoppers.com.au).
There has also been an increase in vandalism with offenders targeting car tyres and scratching car panels.
It is important for Lane Cove Residents to report all incidents to police. By reporting incidents this helps police monitor patterns and trends. Read more here as to how you can quickly report a police matter.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)