The Source Bulk Foods Lane Cove always has some brilliant recipe suggestions for the festive season and this year they have in store recipe cards for some goodies which can be made ahead of time. You should sign up to their newsletter as we found this tasty recipe by @rawspirations on their latest email.
The Source Bulk Foods Recipe Cards
Raw Vegan Choc Cherry Ice Cream Bar
A deliciously indulgent creamy treat that you can make in advance to add to your Christmas menu or to keep on hand for a hot day.
Makes 10-15 bars
- 320g (2 cups) raw cashews
- 85g (1/2 cup) coconut sugar
- 2 tbs cacao powder
- 1 tbs organic coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 110 g (1 cup) coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 cup dried sour cherries
- 10 Medjool dates
- 2 tbs rice malt syrup
- 50g (1/2 cup) organic fine coconut
- 150g organic dark chocolate buttons
- Blend cashews, coconut sugar, cacao powder, coconut oil, vanilla and coconut milk on high speed until smooth.
- Pour half the mixture into a lined rectangular tray. Place in freezer for approximately 1 hour. Set remainder aside whilst you make the cherry layer.
- Blend cherries, Medjool dates, rice malt syrup and coconut.
- Remove the base from the freezer and spread the cherry layer over top.
- Pour remaining ice cream mix over the top and freeze overnight.
- Once set, slice into bite size bars and return to freezer.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heat proof bowl over simmering water.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and quickly dip into the chocolate. Return to freezer until ready to enjoy!
Address: Shop 12 & 13 Lane Cove Market Square, 24-28 Burns Bay Road (next door to Trendsetter Travel)
Phone: (02) 9420 5055
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: The Source Bulk Foods Lane Cove
Instagram: The Source Bulk Foods Lane Cove
The Source Bulk Foods Lane Cove is an ITC Sponsor