Be careful when selling Luxury vehicles privately. On Monday night on Longueville Road Lane Cove a white Land rover worth around $200,000 was stolen by a man and woman pretending to be potential buyers.
The vehicle was for sale on carsales.com by a used-car broker, who was acting on behalf of the owner.
The broker met with a couple, who the North Shore Area Police Command describe as a Caucasian man and Asian female aged around 30. They told the broker they were married and were in the market to buy a luxury car
They met the broker at around 2.40pm on Longueville Road. The broker and the couple did a test drive around Lane Cove.
After the test drive, the parties started negotiating a price.
The husband then asked the broker if he could to speak to his wife privately. As the broker gave the couple space, the man allegedly took off in the white Land Rover.
Police are asking anyone that may have witnessed the incident to please contact North Shore Police on 9414 8499 or Crime Stoppers (1800 333 000 or www.crimestoppers.com.au).
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at [email protected]
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)