It’s that time of the year when school starts back and your child (or you) wants to be involved in Saturday or Sunday sports. Here’s the low-down on how to get involved with a Lane Cove Sporting Club.
The NSW Government’s Active Kids vouchers are available. Parents, guardians and carers can apply for vouchers valued up to $100 per calendar year for each student enrolled in school. The voucher can be used towards your registration. Apply online and you will be given a voucher number which you can then use when you register.
JOIN THE LANE COVE CATS
FIND YOUR DIVISION AND REGISTER NOW!
- Recommended (but not limited) to children aged 5-9.
- Games and training are held on Sunday mornings at Blackman Park.
- Children play in age groups from U9 upwards. Both boys and girls teams are available.
- We play in the AFL Sydney Junior competition, with games held on Sunday mornings. Training is held on Wed/Thu afternoons.
- AFL9s is a social, non-contact version of the game for adults
- We play all year round in the evening on various weekdays at Blackman Park.
Teams for Boys and Girls
With a proud 80 year plus history, Lane Cove Football Club is the largest football (soccer) club in the Lane Cove area. Lane Cove FC provides opportunities for players of all skill levels and ages. Their teams range from Under 6’s in the MiniRoos competition to Over 45’s in the senior Men’s competition, with strong representation in the Girls and Women’s competitions. Any questions on women’s football get in touch with Linda (Over 35s) and Sarah (All Age) via [email protected]
Returning players can also register at any time here. If anyone has any questions regarding registration or requires assistance with the registration process, they can call the club on (02) 9431 8648 or email [email protected].
Lane Cove West Football Club
Lane Cove West FC is a small club that plays football in the Northern Suburbs Football Association on Sydney’s lower to upper north shore.
They offer teams for Men’s’ All Age (18 years and over), Men’s O35s and Men’s O45s.
They are currently looking for players in All Age, O35s and O45s – Goalkeepers are especially sought after!
Games are mostly played at 1pm and 3pm on Saturdays.
To express an interest in joining, please email [email protected], with your age and some history of your football pedigree!
In the past, they have generally accepted players with a good sense of humour and that enjoy a yarn and a drink. Footballing skills are an added bonus!
- Registrations for the 2021 season ARE NOW OPEN! Boys & girls of all shapes and sizes welcome.
- Prices range from $185 to $275 (GST included), depending on your age group. A family discount is available with every second child $15 off and third child $15 off. You can use 2021 $100 NSW Government’s Active Kids vouchers.
- Players receive shorts, socks, training top & free entry to Waratahs home games!
- As part of your registration, club coach Nick McCamley and his team at Rugby Appeal are offering a fantastic 10 week Skills Academy program at half price to prepare our players for the season. This is available as (choose only 1) a 4 week pre-season program (5th, 12th, 19th, 26th March for $60), a 6 week in-season program (30th April, 7th, 14th, 28th May, 16th, 23rd July for $90) or the full 10 week program for $150. This will run on Fridays at Tantallon Oval starting on 5th March – 4:30 to 5:30pm for Minis and 5:30 to 7pm for Juniors. You can register as part of your season registration. We strongly encourage all players to attend!
- “Try Rugby” – Friday 5th March 4pm at Tantallon.
- Jersey Day – Sunday 28th March, 4pm to 6pm.
- Trial games for Juniors – Sunday 7th March – internal trial & 14th March – Gordon inter district gala day.
- The season starts the weekend of 30 April – 2 May for Juniors and Minis. There are approximately 14 rounds of rugby, with Juniors grand finals on 5th September. For important dates in the season go to our Calendar and Resources page.
- Gordon Representative Rugby – For Juniors aiming for representative rugby, Gordon Junior Rugby Academy will run on Fridays – 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th February. Trials for U12 upwards will be on 21st & 28th March for selection in the Junior NSW State Championships on 12-14th June. For U10 & 11s the NSW State Gala is on 2-4th July. For more details go to Gordon Junior Rugby Union.
- Sizzling 7s rugby competitions (Under 10s, 12s, 14s) run for 7 weeks from February – Saturdays for girls and Sundays for boys starting 13th/14th February. Frosty 7s is a girls only 7s competition starting 7th July running for 7 weeks plus finals. Spring 7s is another girls and boys 7s competition starting in October.
- If you are interested in registering for Sizzling 7s, please email [email protected] and provide your name, age, mobile and email.
- If you have any questions or need help with registration, please contact our Registrar at [email protected]. Otherwise please follow us @LCJRU on Facebook and Instagram for further details about the 2021 season.
You can register online here.
Don’t let the kids have all the fun. Play for LCRU.
Join us for season 2021
Seniors + Womens + Colts + Social.
Get down to Tantallon Oval to meet the squad and play some touch footy under the floodlights.
Looking forward to meeting new faces and welcoming back the old guard. Lane Cove Rugby is always looking for additional people to support the running and administration of the club.
If you are wanting to get involved playing and/or supporting grass-roots rugby within the Lane Cove community, they would love you to get in contact with them either on the day or prior through Graeme on 0410 776 082 or [email protected].
A new women’s group is being formed for those 17+.
A community sports club in Greenwich with teams in Mixed and Women’s Football, Kids MiniRoos and Mixed Junior Football, Girl’s Junior Football, Kids NetSetGo, Junior Girls Netball and Seniors Netball.
Registration for then 2021 Football and Netball seasons is now open.
Chatswood Rangers Sports Club is seeking registrations for its Junior and Senior Football and Junior and Senior Netball teams. Although they may be called the Chatswood Rangers 60% of the Netball club is made up of lane cove residents and the remainder between Artarmon and Chatswood residents. They offer:
· Junior Netball from U7 to U15
· Senior Netball from 16 years+
· Junior Football from U6 to U18, including both Girl’s and Mixed football
· Senior Football from 18 years+, including both Men’s and Women’s Football
Lane Cove Netball
Registration for Lane Cove Netball has opened. Anyone from any school is welcome to play for LCNC.
Which Registration is right for you?*
1. NetSetGO (Games – Sunday mornings)
- Female AND male players aged 7 to 9 years
- Cost – $285 Registration includes Training, Administration and Insurance.
- Volunteer parents primarily coach NetSetGO under the guidance of our head coach; please register your interest during registration.
2. JUNIOR NSNA (Games – Friday afternoon/night and Saturday mornings)
- Female players who are 10 to 16 years
- Male players who are 10 to 12 years
- Cost: $303 Registration includes Coaches, Training, Administration, Umpire fees and Insurance.
3. SENIOR NSNA (Games – Saturdays)
- Female players who are 17+ years
- Cost – $303 Registration includes Coaches, Training, Administration, Umpire fees and Insurance.
4. SENIOR SOCIAL NSNA without training/coaching (Games – Saturdays)
- Female players who are 18+ years
- Cost – $275 Registration includes Administration, Umpire fees and Insurance.
- You must register for the full-priced senior competition and add this discount code to your order in the discount section for Senior Social. *SENIORSocialCompetition*
5. Non-Player NSNA
- For coaches and umpires who are not playing in the 2021 Winter Competition at NSNA.
- Cost – $50
*Must be correct age by the 31st December in the year of play. Final day/time allocations for games are made once NSNA grades teams.
Transaction Fees Apply. Once registrations close, we can only offer a partial refund for the cost of registration.
Willoughby United Netball Club is a community based netball club catering for all players turning 7 and up. In 2019 we fielded 24 teams in the Northern Suburbs Netball Association Winter NetSetGo, Junior and Senior competitions.
Willoughby United draws school age players from schools all over the North Shore and caters for all playing standards. Senior players of any age are also welcome! Registrations are now open.
The Ryde Hunters Hill Hockey Club has a proud history of Lane Cove Players including some Australian Kookaburras. If you would like to play hockey you can sign up to play here.
Most junior basketball is organised through local schools. If your child’s school does not have a team or if you are want to join a team, just click on this page. There is now a full sized basketball/netball court at the Kingsford Smith Oval.
Lane Cove Swim Club (LCSC) is a non-profit community swimming club based at Lane Cove Aquatic Centre. LCSC promotes swimming in Lane Cove at every level from recreational and fitness to elite athlete squad training for competition at local, statewide and national swimming meets. LCSC is one of the oldest swimming clubs in Australia. LCSC core activity is their Saturday morning club that conducts friendly races from 7 – 9 am in summer. Saturday morning club is a friendly social gathering for the whole family from infants to grandparents. Adults of all ages take the opportunity to race with squad swimmers and younger swimmers. It is common to see 80 year olds racing with 8 year olds.
If you want to join the Lane Cove Swim Club, just press the JOIN NOW icon on the Lane Cove Swim Club’s home page. This will direct you through the registration process with Swimming NSW and Lane Cove Swim Club. If you need assistance or further information you can Email the club here. The Lane Cove Swim Club’s major sponsor is Aussie Lane Cove.
If you would like to know more about Tennis in Lane Cove just click here.
Lane Cove Taekwondo
Imagine a club that offers lessons on Goals, Discipline and Leadership and helps you implement these qualities into everyday life. At Lane Cove Taekwondo, we don’t just focus on developing physical strength, but emotional strength. You will be proud. You will try new things. You will persist in the face of fear and doubt. You will practise. Lane Cove Taekwondo will be moving into a new permanent studio on 29th January 2020. It is located at 9 Birdwood Avenue Lane Cove (Shops 5 and 6) – just near The Canopy parking – 3 hours free parking.
You will discipline yourself. You will start to make conscious choices about nutrition, strengthening, stretching and rest. You will set goals and you will achieve them.
Lane Cove Taekwondo is so much more than kick, punch, block – we present an active, exciting and powerful martial arts experience for the whole family.
Date and Time for Term 1: Please see website for timetable
Address: 9 Birdwood Avenue Lane Cove (shops 5 and 6)
Book Here: Email us to book now
Email: [email protected]
Judo 4 Kids
5 – 6 years
These classes develop the core skills of Judo – safe falling – balance – contact awareness. The classes are conducted in a games environment where the games are structured to create awareness of the desired skill, Big Ball Sumo, Pillow fights and Crash Mat battles are just some of the fun games the children play.
7 – 8 years
These classes develop specific Judo skills but with a high “game” element. Safe falling skills are more developed to increase the ability to relax during the fall. Gradings commence in this age group.
Location: SCOUT HALL – LANE COVE WEST
If you are interested in other extra curricular activities for your child such as Tae Kwon Doe, music, art etc you can find out more here.
If you are looking for activities for kids between 0 – 5 click here.
If you or your child is playing sport, make sure you invest in a Mouth Guard.
Did you know more than 5 million teeth are knocked out during sporting activities every year? What is even worse is that it’s estimated between 30% and 50% of these injuries could have been prevented or would have been less severe had a mouthguard been worn.
If we have missed a Lane Cove Sports Club registration day please let us know. If your club would like more exposure, contact us at [email protected].
In the Cove provides free event listing for all Lane Cove Sports Clubs and Community Organisations.
Support ITC and Advertise With Us
Not all of the businesses noted above advertise with In the Cove – we like to give all businesses a free shout out when they start out. However, we are so grateful for those businesses who become part of the ITC Business Community. Without their support, we could not undertake our community and advocacy work.
ITC has hit a few milestones recently. We now have
Help In the Cove Grow
In the Cove wants to employ local people, we want to bring even more news to you, and we need your help. Become an In The Cove member, and we have a little gift for you (our very own reusable masks sourced from a Lane Cove business). To find out how to help here and how to get your reusable mask, hurry as stocks are limited.
Local News At Your Fingertips
In the Cove is run by locals. It is the only online hyperlocal news and media business based in Lane Cove. We provide local free news – we do not have a paywall and will never have a paywall.
Lane Cove Chat by ITC – Chat with other Lane Cove locals about local issues, lost pets, local info and more on our closed Lane Cove Facebook group. We closely monitor membership, to make sure (as much as possible) that members either live or work in Lane Cove.
Instagram – Follow our adventures around Lane Cove as we snap our lovely leafy Lane Cove.