In the Cove Mission Statement
In the Cove aims are to:
- Promote a neighbourly conversation on all things Lane Cove;
- Connect Lane Cove residents with other residents;
- Highlight the Local Residents of Lane Cove and provide a glimpse into their lives;
- Provide a forum for all Lane Cove community organisations, charity groups and sporing groups to connect with Lane Cove residents and to advertise their events free of charge;
- Investigate and Inform Lane Cove Residents on issues that impact their day to day lives;
- Promote Local Businesses and encourage people to Be Local, Shop Local, Eat Local and Drink Local;
- Highlight Lane Cove success stories, inventions and famous people;
- Provide networking opportunities for local businesses and community groups; and
- Talk about all things Lane Cove (from A to Z and back again).
In the Cove covers all areas in the Lane Cove Local Council Electorate and includes Lane Cove, Lane Cove West, Lane Cove North, Mowbray, Greenwich, Linley Point, Osbourne Park, Longueville, Riverview and Northwood.
Facebook Moderation Policy
In the Cove encourages and appreciates comments from our likers on our stories. However, those comments must contribute to a neighbourly conversation, and in general they cannot be abusive, contain personal attacks, be inflammatory, racist or be overly profane. ITC reserve the right to make the decisions about which comments violate these ground rules, and will moderate the comments at our discretion.
Recommendation and Review Policy
Your Content may be seen and used by other Users and Local Businesses. We are not responsible for misuse or misappropriation of any of Your Content.
We do not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with Your Content including without limitation the comments, opinions, or statements posted or otherwise contained on the Site.
All ratings and recommendations are reviewed before publication to the Site and we reserve the right but have no obligation to, amend, supplement, delete or update Our Content and Your Content, without notice to you and at our sole discretion. However, if we become aware of any defamatory, misleading, false or offensive material in Your Content, we will remove such material.
Our decision in relation to edit, delete or remove content is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
By submitting a rating and recommendation you acknowledge and agree that the recommendation and rating (Recommendation and Review) is in place for Users to inform other Users about the experiences Users have had with a Local Business.
By submitting a Recommendation and Review, Users acknowledge and agree to the following:
- that the recommendation and rating is true and accurate to the best of the User’s honest knowledge and belief;
- that the User has been a customer of the Local Business for which the User is submitting the recommendation and rating the User has no connection (other than a customer-business relationship) to the owner or any employee of the Local Business or any trade competitor of that business;
- the User may submit as many the recommendation and rating as the User wishes, but the User may only submit one recommendation for each Local Business during a 12 month period;
- that the User is legally responsible for everything the User submits and indemnifies us against any claim in law, equity or otherwise which may arise from the posting of the User’s the recommendation and rating on the Site; and
- that the User must not identify the name of any employee or agent of the Local Business.