Have you heard the expression there’s nothing slower than a wet week? A wet week is even slower when you have kids stuck inside the house. ITC has some suggestions for some fun things to do in Lane Cove on a rainy day.
Go to the Library
The Lane Cove Library has a terrific children’s section. Grab a book and settle in for some reading. And don’t forget there is Greenwich Library and West Chatswood Library (in Lane Cove North). The Lane Cove Library also holds some great school holiday workshops – you can find out more about the summer school holiday workshops here.
The Burns Bay Bookery has a lovely children’s section, where kids can browse and relax. The Maisy Pop Up Book is a favourite.
Oliver Brown does fabulous Hot Chocolates; so warm up with a nice warm hot chocolate. There is plenty of covered seating.
Go For a Swim in the Indoor Pool at Aquatic Centre
You are going to get wet anyway, so why not go for a swim in the indoor pool at Lane Cove Aquatic Centre.
Take the Kids Out to Buy Some Craft Supplies
It’s time to hit Hot Dollar and buy some cheap craft supplies. If you want some really good craft ideas we highly recommend you check out local blogger Danya Banya – she has some amazing ideas for kids.
Embrace the Wet and Puddle Jump
If you can’t beat them join them, let the kids go wild and jump in puddles. Just make sure you have a towel ready (otherwise getting home in the car will be a real nightmare).
What other local ideas can you think of?
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)