Many residents have contacted In the Cove about the number of abandoned Trolleys around Lane Cove. Whenever ITC gets a report, we advise the supermarket of the issue. The complaints are mostly about abandoned Coles Trolleys. It seems that Coles is just not getting on board with ensuring their trolleys are picked up from Lane Cove streets.
In the Cove asked the Lane Cove Council to be more proactive in this matter. Lane Cove Council has now implemented a procedure of impounding abandoned trolleys. Lane Cove Council have now impounded 90 trolleys.
Last week they tested out the 1800-TROLLEYS service to see if this referral service provided by Coles was working. The trolleys reported by the Council were not collected. As a result, Lane Cove Council is undertaking daily collections this week and will be following up with Coles to address the issue.
Lane Cove Council is of the view that the increase in the number of abandoned trolleys is being replicated across a number of local government areas due to changes in staff/hours/process/areas of collection.
ITC appreciates that the people who abandon the trolleys are also to blame. However, Coles should be working out a way of encouraging those shoppers to use their own shop and go trolleys (see below).
Please take the time to fill out the Coles online feedback form here. Let Coles know they need to lift their game.
How to Report Abandoned Coles Trolleys
You can report an abandoned trolley:
- by calling 1800 TROLLEY (1800 876 553);
- report via the Snap Send Solve app or website; and
- or filling out the online form.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at [email protected]
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)