Public Transport is a hot topic in Lane Cove. It is going to be very interesting to see how the closure of the Epping to Chatswood train line impacts Lane Cove. Another transport option for local residents is a ferry from Lane Cove to the city. It is a great option for people who work around Circular Quay, Macquarie Street, Martin Place or the northern side of the CBD.
Captain Cook Cruises ferry operates from Lane Cove into the city on weekdays in the morning and from the city to Lane Cove in the afternoons. The ferry departs from several Lane Cove Council area wharves including:
The weekday timetable can be found here.
When ITC wrote an article about the Captain Cook Ferry service, the two main comments were as follows:
- I did not know there was Ferry to the city;
- Is there a bus to the Longueville Wharf?
The State Government has been trialling Keoride a new on demand service to Macquarie Park. The service is available to any person who lives in an 8 km radius from Macquarie Park. The feedback from the public on this on-demand service has been very positive. Read more here. By the way if you work in Macquarie Park and have not tried the new service – try it out and see what you think.
A few weeks ago a light bulb went off above ITC’s head. Why not combine an on demand bus service to the wharf so commuters can take the Ferry to work? ITC arranged a meeting with Keoride and Captain Cook Ferries and they loved the idea. What they now need to know is would YOU the public use this service?
The main advantage of Keoride is that you don’t have to wait in a queue. The bus comes close to your home WHEN you are ready. You hop on the bus and it will take you to the wharf to sail along the harbour (no traffic).
Captain Cook Ferries accepts OPAL cards and Keoride uses an app. Easy peasy transport to the city. Please complete this survey to let us know if you think this is an idea with legs (or even sea legs boom boom).
Just think how relaxed you will be when you cruise along Sydney Harbour to work.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a websiteand they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)