ITC knows that many of our followers regularly travel along Burns Bay Road to and from Lane Cove. Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward following the death of a 23 year old woman on 19th December 2018 at Hunters Hill.
At about 3.45am on 19th December 2018 police and paramedics were called to Burns Bay Road Hunters Hill after the young woman fell from a bridge/overpass and onto an on-ramp. Sadly she died in hospital.
Police would like to talk to a man walking two dogs on Gladseville Road and another man riding a bike around that time.
If you were travelling along Burns Bay Road around 3.45 am on 19th December 2018 and you have dashcam in your car police would like to see your footage. The investigation is being conducted by Ryde Police Area Command and they can be contacted by phone on 9858 9299.
A critical incident team from the Blue Mountains PAC, named Strike Force Covey, are investigating all circumstances surrounding the incident. A critical incident is an incident involving a police officer or other member of the NSW Police Force that results in death or serious injury to a person. Their investigation is also subject to independent review by the Law Enforcement Conduct Commission. The Commission monitors the investigation of critical incidents from the time of the incident, until the completion of the investigation by police, to provide assurance to the public and the next of kin that police investigations into critical incidents are conducted in a competent, thorough and objective manner.
The NSW Police are preparing a brief for the information of the Coroner.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)