- This event has passed.
Plus Sized Yoga 8wk Course
24 June 2018 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Sunday, repeating until 12 August 2018
An 8 week Yoga course for women who identify as plus-size.
Regardless of stereotypical media leanings, Yoga is a non-competitive practice designed to help every body feel wonderful, free and calm.
Have you been curious about starting Yoga, though didn’t feel comfortable, weren’t sure you’d find a teacher who’d “get” it, or a class that would meet your needs and you could relax in?
Yoga is not a one-size-fits-all practice, and is do-able for real people like you – given the right teaching and support. The same way Pregnant women, seniors and those with back-pain benefit from specialised Yoga, Plus-Size Yoga will open your eyes and your body to all the amazing benefits of Yoga. And we’re not just talking physical benefits here 🙂
We’ve created a course, IDEAL FOR BEGINNERS, offering:
– a safe space of self-acceptance where every BODY is loved & welcomed
– expertly sequenced Yoga for larger bodies
– modifications and permission to make the practice work for you
– stretching and strengthening your body in a way that feels accessible
– move into a new level of self awareness
– filling the space on and around your mat with joy, pride, empathy and self-love
– down-time for YOU, away from the stresses of life.
– Relax. Restore. Recharge.
WHAT DO I BRING?
If you have a Yoga mat, bring it along. If not – we’ve got plenty of mats. Just bring you.
WHAT DO I WEAR?
It’s about COMFORT, not looking a certain way.
Leggings, tracky dacks, lounge pants, shorts, your favourite PJ pants, t-shirt, or singlet, or whatever you’ll be comfortable sitting & lying on the floor in. It seriously doesn”t matter.
And we don’t wear shoes in class, so bare feet or socks are easy!
You don’t need to change a thing – just show up as YOU. We’d love you to join us for Plus-Size Yoga, ideal for beginners on Sydney’s north shore.
Join now and pay (pro-rata) for the remaining 4 weeks of the term.
Led by Deb Hennessey.