- This event has passed.
Renegade Cycles – Maintenance Seminar
15 March 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Learn more about your bike by attending our hands-on maintenance seminar.
It’s informal and informative! In this three-hour seminar you will learn how to maintain your bike. We’ll give you valuable tips to help you tackle emergency repairs out on the road and trail too. The maintenance seminars are usually held on the third Thursday evening of selected months during the year. All courses are held at Renegade Cycles and cost $99 per person. Most of our seminars are sponsored by local councils meaning that participants can attend these particular seminars free of charge or at discounted rates.
In addition to the three-hour seminar you will receive:
- Course notes to take away with you.
- A voucher enabling you to buy maintenance related products at discounted prices.
- A light supper and refreshments.
We use our bikes here in the shop so you don’t need to bring your bike. We do recommend that you leave your best clothes at home. Many aspects of the seminar are hands-on.
At the end of the evening you will have covered:
- Adjusting brake pads, brake balance and brake cable tension.
- Types of valves and common punctures encountered
- Changing an inner tube
- Tyre inflation
- Removing and reinstalling a rear wheel
- Cleaning your drive train (chain, cassette, chainrings, jockey wheels)
- Chain lubricants
- Adjusting your front and rear derailleurs including alignment, limits and cable tension
Each seminar is limited to 8 participants and bookings are necessary. Payment is required at the time of booking. (We can take credit cards over the phone.) If we don’t achieve the minimum of 4 participants in any given month, you will get the choice of enrolling in the following seminar or receiving a full refund. The seminars run from 6.00pm to 9.00pm.
Lane Cove Council has sponsored this seminar for people who live in the suburbs comprising the Lane Cove local government area. The course is limited to 8 participants and only those who have booked may attend. You can book this seminar through Lane Cove Council only.
Please ring Lane Cove Council’s Road Safety Officer on 9911-3576 to book.