- This event has passed.
Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
26 October 2018 @ 11:00 am - 29 October 2018 @ 6:00 pm$720
This 25 hour training with Mitch (Michelle) Gibson is an in-depth experience of the what, why, & how of Restorative Yoga. Expect an embodied journey of how to create and hold space for deep relaxation with your students.
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN:
– The embodiment of this work with a lot of Restorative Yoga practice.
– Confidence, knowledge and hands-on experience to sequence and teach Restorative Yoga.
WHAT WE’LL COVER OVER 4 DAYS:
* The true definition of Restorative Yoga on the ever-evolving Yoga “menu”, and why it’s a uniquely special practice
* How Restorative Yoga works
* The importance of embodiment
* Propping: from the minimal … to all of the glorious detail
* Basic prescription and sequencing, including troubleshooting & modifications
* Effective communication & languaging
* Transitioning your students into Restorative Yoga
* Restorative Yoga in real bodies (not just Yoga teacher bodies)
* Sharing & exploring along the learning journey
* Certificate of completion & competency
– Yoga teachers seeking to teach Restorative Yoga
– You’ve taught bits of Restorative, though need clarity and direction.
– Those with prior Restorative teaching experience, who want to explore more depth, detail, and a quieter practice for themselves and their students.
– Experienced students looking to deepen their knowledge & practice of Restorative Yoga, & wish to create this at home for themselves / their family.
Price includes a FREE 30min “Pick My Brain” mentoring session ($75 value) with Mitch, valid 6 months.
Places are strictly limited to just 15, allowing closer connection, feedback & direction with Mitch.
Let us know if you require a payment plan.
ABOUT YOUR PRESENTER:
Mitch (Michelle) Gibson has been guiding human bodies toward health since 1984. She began teaching Yoga in 2002, and then Restorative Yoga in 2009. A certified Relax and Renew Level 1 and 2 trainer with Judith Lasater, Mitch has also studied Restorative Yoga with Roger Cole and Lizzie Lasater. She brings the detail and sensitivity from that Lasater lineage to her work. Restorative Yoga is MItch’s passion, her practice and her therapy. She is the creator and owner of Yogabowl studio in Lane Cove, Sydney – and mentors Yoga teachers throughout Australia.
PRAISE FOR MITCH:
“Keep teaching Restorative. The world needs what you have to offer.” Lizzie Lasater, International Restorative Yoga teacher trainer 2018.
“Not only is Mitch an incredibly warm person and teacher, but also so giving and generous of her time, knowledge and experience. This is such a special opportunity to align yourself with an amazing woman and teacher with many, many years of experience. It’s also an opportunity to learn, ask questions and soak up all the incredible information that will be shared. You’ll come away inspired (at the least) and even perhaps with a little more direction to where you want your personal teaching story to take you.” Ondine, Yoga teacher.
“Thanks for a great workshop – it was amazing to see you do your thing! I’m blown away by how much I have to learn from you.” Anita, Yoga teacher.
“That was just so special! You are such a beautiful teacher.” Heather, Yoga teacher.
Fri 26 Oct: 11am – 6pm
Sat 27 Oct: 11am – 6pm
Sun 28 Oct: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Mon 29 Oct: 11am – 6pm
There will be an hour lunch break each day.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED ON THE COURSE:
2 Yoga blankets
1 Yoga bolster
1 Yoga sticky mat
Book: “Restore and Rebalance”, by Judith Hanson Lasater.
Local participants are expected to bring all required Yoga props please.
Out-of-towner’s: let us know if you need assistance with props.
“Practicing and teaching Restorative Yoga has been the cherry on my Yoga career cake. Given the epidemic of busy-ness and overwhelm we find ourselves in, it’s such powerful and well-received work. The joy of learning, sharing and witnessing a student’s transformation, is such a nourishing energetic return. I can’t wait to share what I’ve been blessed to learn.”