- This event has passed.
Teens Yoga 8wk Course at Yogabowl
2 June 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:00pm on Sunday, repeating until 30 June 2019
The ideal Yoga class for stressed out High School aged girls and boys on Sydney”s lower north shore.
The physical aspects of Teens Yoga will stretch, strengthen and loosen up your body – which complements the sport you play by increasing focus and preventing injury AND is ideal for desk-sitters and slouchers.
Aside from the physical benefits, teenagers learn skills for coping with the unique issues they”re faced with everyday: exams & expectations, stressful schedules & situations, friendships and relationships, and the enormous pressure to fit in.
Some documented benefits of Teens Yoga include:
– enhanced self-image
– learning to manage stress & enhance ability to bounce back after a stressful situation.
– improved emotional regulation, resilience & optimism
– boost mood & reduce anxiety
– increased social cohesion with family & peers
– revive focus & memory, therefore reflecting on their grades
– improve anger control & inertia
– reduced interest in experimenting with drugs & alcohol
We provide a safe, fun space where they don’t need to overachieve, offering Yoga-based tools to self-regulate pressure, stress and anxiety AND develop focus and confidence. They’ll truly relax with a combination of movement, breathing and gentle meditation & mindfulness techniques.
The theme for Term 2 Course will be RESILIENCE, which will be launched with a workshop Sun 5th May (see website for details).
LED BY Heather Lynn and Georgia Rose Thompson.