A couple of years ago ITC wrote about how funny signs and window displays can help to revitalise an area.
Burns Bay Bookery is proof of that concept. Every day they write a different sign and the signs are becoming famous. People are now going out of their way to walk past Burns Bay Bookery to view their funny signs. We thought we would show you our top ten signs. You might have snapped a few signs that you love – send them to us.
This sign appeared the week that About Life opened. We love the fact that it was topical and funny.
This signed appeared after our unseasonable hot spell and then the big wet.
We love this one – it is actually quite brilliant. Book Shops will become extinct if everyone shops online. Books may be cheaper online, but you don’t get the thrill of seeing the book before you buy. Have you ever had an iPad injury when you drop your iPad on your head as you fall asleep while reading (ITC has)?
The signs says it all. Books don’t talk back, they don’t complain and they don’t ask you to make them a cuppa.
This statement is so true, and mums do like books for any occasion.
They had us at chocolate.
Everyone loves a new winter jacket.
A day in bed with a book – yes please!
It is very hard to come up with funny and witty statements but the team at BBB is doing a good job
What is your favourite? What is the wittiest book related comment you have seen?
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at email@example.com
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)