A Development Application has finally been submitted for 38 – 42 Burns Bay Road. The site currently is three buildings and is home to Dymocks and two vacant shops that were previously Kidstuff and Raes Butcher.
The DA is seeking consent for a mixed-use building comprising retail tenancies, serviced apartments and residential apartments.
ITC is loving the idea of serviced apartments in the heart of Lane Cove. On numerous occasions, we have had relatives visiting Lane Cove and they have had to find accommodation in Chatswood or Macquarie Park.
The detailed plans include:
- Commercial/retail components on level 1 and level 2, comprising a cumulative floor area of 610m2;
- 6 One Bedroom Serviced Apartments;
- 12 Apartments (8 one-bedroom apartments and 4 two-bedroom apartments); and
- A Garden terrace with communal open space.
You can view a photo montage of the proposed development here.
When the property was auctioned last year, there was a bidding frenzy with eight buyers interested. The property sold for nearly $9 million dollars and set a record for a sale in Lane Cove for a site with no DA approval.
The Developer is Vatera Developments Pty Ltd. According to their website:
With over 30 years’ experience in the property industry, we design , build and manage a portfolio of assets in Residential , Office and Commercial developments.
We have a proven record in delivering premium quality projects excelling in Architectural design and functionality.
The DA is available for viewing online here.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)