Last year ITC met Lane Cove local Jeff Williams who was just about to launch a website called Barcats to help the hospitality industry with finding casual trained staff. Jeff described his website as “the future of hospitality recruitment”
What is Barcats?
In a nutshell:
For Staff, Barcats helps you find work when YOU want it.
For Hospitality Businesses, Barcats helps you find staff when YOU need them.
Who is Behind Barcats?
Jeff Williams is the main man behind Barcats. His plan was to assist hospitality businesses so they no longer needed to worry about expensive recruiter fees, or posting lengthy job ads online, as Barcats makes finding ready-trained, flexible staff easy.
Jeff knows what he is talking about! He has worked in the alcohol industry for a number of years, including global and local roles with Diageo. He noticed a gap in the market for a digital service that allows venues to find staff as they’re needed and Barcats was born.
In just 8 months Barcats has gone strength to strength.
They are now located in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne the Gold Coast and Auckland.
If you are looking for a hospitality job, it might be worth your while to sign up with Barcats.
Businesses Looking for Staff
If you are a buisness, Barcats provides:
- Short Term Staffing Solutions;
- Staff on Demand – no longer having to deal with temp agencies;
- Easy Roster Scheduling – businesses no longer need a long casuals list to contact when staff are on annual leave or sick;
- Easy to read staff profiles;
- Access to trained staff with the relevant certifications;
- If you find an ideal employee through Barcats and want to offer them a full-time job, there is NO placement fee; and
- Staff rated by other employers (like you see on Air BnB and Uber).
It’s so great to see a local startup kicking goals. Do you know any other local startups that ITC could interview?
Barcats Contact Details
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at email@example.com
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)