One of the hottest topics on In the Cove and our ITC Lane Cove Chat group is sustainability. As the queen of Zero Waste Bea Johnson says Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot (and only in that order – rot is for food only!!).
Here is your chance to reuse and recycle with the Lane Cove Kids Swap in the Lane Cove Plaza on 11 August 2018 at 11.00am.
If you have kid’s toys lying around unused, a musical instrument gathering dust or sporting equipment that your children have outgrown or didn’t ever use then swap them for something different and “new” for your child! It is also a great time to declutter (doing that spring cleaning a bit earlier).
Where is the swap taking place?
Head along to the Plaza this Saturday 11 August at 11:00 am to check-in your items and then return at 12 noon to swap away. ITC highly suggests having a cuppa and one of our fine coffee shops while you wait.
What do I need to know?
- Bring up to six quality items that are clean and undamaged;
- Drop them off between 11:00am – 11:45am. You will be given one token for each item that you bring;
- The swap starts at 12:00pm sharp. Participants will be allowed into the swap area and can choose any items. You can take one item for each token that you receive – e.g. if you bring four items you will get four tokens and can take up to four ‘new’ items;
- Once you’ve chosen your ‘new’ items, a swap volunteer will take your tokens at the exit. Take your new items home and enjoy!
- Do not bring any items that are dirty, torn, stained or in poor condition (if you would not give the item to a friend, do not bring the item);
- Do not bring more than six good quality items;
- You must book and advise how many items you will be bringing – BOOK HERE
The Kids Swap event is one of the Lane Cove Council’s Sustainability Events. You can find our more about their other events by clicking here.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at inf[email protected]
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)
This article is an initiative of the Lane Cove Council