Ten Tips About Living in Lane Cove
- Did you know that the Caltex Service Station at 5 – 7 Northwood Road Longueville does pink slips? They are very quick and efficient. If you are like me and leave it to the last possible date this may be an option for you.
- Did you know that you can collect parcels from the Lane Cove Post Office in the morning prior to 9.00 am? Just go around the side where the post boxes are and press the buzzer (sure beats waiting in line).
- If you are a mum that makes all your children’s birthday cakes then the Lane Cove Toy Library is for you. They have over 300 different cake tin patterns (hint put the cake in the freezer for a bit before you ice so that the crumbs don’t come off).
- Want to impress your friends and look like a two hatted chef – try the 4 hour slow roast lamb from Hummerstons at Lane Cove West Shops.
- Do you have a pet? At the bottom of Lane Cove West Shops is everything you need for pets. There is a vet, groomer and pet shop (and outside peak periods parking is so easy).
- Did you know the Longueville Sporting Club has an Indian Night on Wednesday nights – ITC has not tried it but has heard good reviews.
- The freshest bread rolls in town are from Mana Bakery (the bakery near Coles).
- You will never have to worry about finding a hairdresser – there are at last count about 20 In the Cove (not so secret but very fascinating).
- If you like South African sausages and other tasty delights then you need to go to Springbok Delights 656 Mowbray Road Lane Cove West. South African style meat cuts and marinated products like Sosaties, Texan Steaks and of course Biltong and Boerewors.
- Minyan Dress Alterations is located at 115 – 119 Longueville Road. Minyan is great at alterations or invisible sewing. Minyan can help you if you are a klutz like ITC. I am a whiz at getting my heel caught in the hem of my trousers or skirt – usually at the time I am walking down a flight of stairs.
These are just a few tips – but I know that ITC’s loyal readers have so many more tips to offer on living In the Cove – so comment away and tell us your best tip.