This week, the staff at Lane Cove Orthodontics share one of their favourite recipes with us.
Butter (to grease)
2 teaspoons light olive oil
80g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) grated green zucchini
60g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) grated carrot
2 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
3 eggs, lightly whisked
40g (1/3 cup) coarsely grated jarlsberg or tasty cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon plain flour, sifted
– Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a shallow baking tin.
– Line the base and 2 opposite sides with non-stick baking paper and allow it to overhang.
– Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
– Add the zucchini, carrot, parsnip and shallots, and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables soften.
– Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
– Combine vegetable mixture, egg, cheese and flour in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
– Spoon vegetable mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface.
– Bake in oven for 12 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
– Lift frittata from pan and place on a plate to cool completely. Cut into 12 fingers to serve.
Thanks very much Lane Cove Orthodontics for this yummy recipe! If you have a recipe, or anything food related, you’d like to share with fellow In the Cover’s, please either leave a comment below, or PM us on Facebook, or email email@example.com