Thank you to everyone who answered our Lane Cove Survey. The results are in.
Your top five shops in Lane Cove (not being a cafe) are:
- Thomas Dux;
- Chargrill Charlies;
- Found Homewares;
We are not suprised the Zjoosh is your favourite shop (and it was by far the most popular). You could not move in Zjoosh on Mother’s Day. Zjoosh is a concept developed in Lane Cove by Lane Cove residents. It is the perfect place to buy a present at an affordable price. Read our blog about its founder Kellie Rigney here. You can also buy online – so if you want to recommend the store to your friends who do not live in Lane Cove then give them details of the website – www.zjoosh.com.au
What if your favourite place to visit in Lane Cove?
The top four places were:
- The Plaza;
- The Library;
- Blackman’s Park;
- The Pool;
If you could tell the Lane Cove Council one thing what would it be?
Well the responses to this one were not a suprise.
- Parking, Parking Parking and more parking (with a big nod to the dreaded boomgate at Lane Cove Market Square);
- No more development. No more high rises. We need better infrastructure (buses and school and Lane Cove Council needs to work with the State government on these issues)
- Traffic congestion – in particular the new traffic problem of the lights at Rosenthal Avenue and Longueville Road (see the picture below and the line up of cars at 8 AM last week);
- Better traffic control at the Austin Street and Longueville Road right hand turn (have a right hand turn arrow)
What is you favourite coffee shop in Lane Cove
The top five were:
- Pablo and Rustys; (P and R only beat Story by about 1%)
- The Cake Man;
- The Lodge; and
- Pottery Green
Why do you like living in Lane Cove?
I was surprised by the results of this one. I felt for sure the top answer would be the village atmosphere or the leafy streets. The top four answers were:
- Close to City;
- Sense of Community;
- Family Friendly;
- Village Atmosphere.
How many of your neighbours do you know?
It turns out we are a neighbourly bunch and we do know our neighbours.
Do you own a cat or a dog?
85% of respondents said they owned a cat or a dog. We do really like our pets in Lane Cove.