Our Health and Wellness bloggers, Kat and Ash from Body Fusion are back, and they are sharing a tasty, healthy dessert option for a warm summer night.
Peaches, mangoes and ice cream – in our minds some of the best summer foods! We love them all and have created a way to enjoy these flavours with a healthy twist so the whole family can enjoy a sweet treat. We have:
– Swapped regular ice cream for natural yoghurt naturally sweetened with vanilla, reducing the saturated fats & sugar.
– Opted for gut boosting probiotic yoghurt which is also very high calcium
– Added lots of fresh fruit for a fibre boost to keep you and your kids feeling satisfied and not running back for triple servings.
Peach & Mango Frozen Yoghurt
Makes: 10 servings
Prep time: 20 mins + overnight freezing
- 1kg reduced fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tbls vanilla extract
- 2 tbls lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbls icing sugar
- 2 ripe peaches, cut into very small pieces
- 1 cup frozen/fresh mango, cut into small cubes
What to do:
- Grease and line 7cm deep x 9cm x 25cm loaf pan with baking paper OR prepare 10 x ice block molds.
- Mix together yoghurt, vanilla extract, lemon juice & zest and icing sugar in a large bowl.
- Gently fold in peach & mango.
- Pour into prepared tin or ice block molds & smooth the top.
- Freeze overnight.
- To serve: remove loaf pan from freezer and spoon into individual servings or simply eat straight from the ice block mold J
– Replace mango with chopped dried apricots or berries
– Add ¼ cup finely chopped nuts eg. almonds or pistachios
– Note: Can remove icing sugar but the frozen yoghurt will have a slightly icy texture
Sat Fat: 0.1g
Love Kat & Ash
Address: 221 Longueville Rd Lane Cove, New South Wales, Australia
Phone: 0410 533 213
Web: Body Fusion
Facebook: Body Fusion
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at email@example.com
You can subscribe to our newsletter by filling out the form at the bottom of our homepage. Our newsletter is sent out every Wednesday Night at 7.30pm and includes details of Lane Cove Events for the next seven days or so, and articles you may have missed during the previous week.