The NSW Public Health Orders now permit Libraries to re-open. However, due to crowd restrictions and the four sq m spacing requirements, it will be a while before libraries can resume their normal operations.
Steps to Take Before You Visit
From Monday 1 June 2020 you can visit the Lane Cove Library to click and collect. They will be open Monday – Friday 9:30 am – 3:00 pm. Greenwich Library will remain closed but the return shute is open.
Before visiting the library to click and collect, you must:
- book a visit (link to book here).
- Reserve items (Items will be pre-loaned to your Library card); and/or
- select Librarian’s choice and nominate your interests by completing the form and email it to the Library (Items will be preselected for you and pre-loaned to your Library card)
The Library Return Chutes are working and this is the best way to return a library book.
Conditions of Entry
- To enter the Library, you must book a 30 minute visit or phone 9911 3634.
- Do not enter the Library if you are unwell, even if only experiencing mild symptoms
- Sanitise your hands on entry
- Practice social distancing (1.5m) at all times
- Access to Library collections will be restricted. Please use Click & Collect options available on the website or phone the library
- There will be no access to public PCs and printing/copying
- Study rooms and meeting rooms are not available
- Treat staff with respect and follow their instructions
Please be patient as the Library staff slowly transition back to normal library services and hours. If you have any questions email the library here.
Library To Your Door does not offer refunds. Please contact Lane Cove Library on 9911 3634 or by email if you wish to discuss your delivery.
You can access eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines online.
Willoughby City Council Libraries
From 1 June 2020, Willoughby City Council will be offering library members a free Click and Collect service at Chatswood Library.
Library members can reserve up to 10 items online and will be notified via email when the items are ready for collection. Chatswood Library will be open only for “Click and Collect” Monday to Friday, from 10 am to noon, 2 pm to 4 pm and Thursday evenings 5 – 7 pm (excluding public holidays).
The library won’t be open for general visits. All other branch libraries remain closed.
Email [email protected] if you have any questions.
Lane Cove Library Background
Lane Covians love their books and their libraries. The Lane Cove Library “has the highest borrowing rate per capita in NSW – this has been the case since 2002/03.
The current Lane Cove Library was officially opened in July 2010 and is quite a drawcard for those living ITC.
Lane Cove Library Contact Details
Monday – Friday 9:30am – 3:00pm
Lane Cove NSW 2066
Phone: 9911 3634
Email: [email protected]
Be a Lane Cove Legend and Know All the Lane Cove Info
To make sure you don’t miss Lane Cove info sign up to our newsletter. It comes out every Wednesday Night at 7.30 pm and includes a wrap up of everything posted on our Facebook site in the previous week.